Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mooonlight Dancer Why Not Me

Silence…
Like the quiet before the storm.
She lifts her foot just inches from the ground.
Pointing it like an arrow she waits for it all to begin.
It’s her moment, her time to be wild and free.
Every muscle tense,
Every limb set in a perfect pose,
There she waits.

Now it is finally time for her to shine.

With a loud burst like thunder she begins.
Jumping high into the air
She is the wind that rolls over the hill.
Moving her arms with grace
She is the branches of the trees swaying.
Her face is so tight and emotionless,
Yet you can’t help but stare.
She is like a china doll,
But unbreakable.

With refinement and regality she moves across the floor.
She is the swan,
I am the ugly duckling.
Envy fills my heart as I see her dance with such polished beauty.
Why her and not me?
She is the moonlight dancer;
Shining brighter than us all.
I sit watching her on that stage.

Tears come to my eyes,
But not because of the beauty of it all.
It is because of something dark and deep that is within me.
Like strong talon hands it grabs me…
Jealousy.

Now I am no longer seeing the beauty.
No longer looking at her with awe but hatred.
Why couldn’t have I been content?
Where did I lose sight of the beauty?
Moonlight Dancer I am sorry.
Please forgive me.   




3 comments:

  1. That's pretty good at explaining a common reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one sis...Great job. Love the emotion and the feel of actually being the viewer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of reminds me of the first poem you wrote. A lot shorter of course. :)

    ReplyDelete