Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beautiful Backyard Song


The birds’ sweet song is surrounding me.
They seem to be calling me to be all that I am meant to be.
Breathing in the sweet country air I begin to sing.
The birds are my melody I am their harmony.

I can feel the soft grass beneath my feet.
The blades tickle my feet.
Laughing, I begin to dance;
My arms in the air,
My whole body spins around and around as though I were the wind itself.

I close my eyes as I lift my head to the sky;
Still laughing, still spinning.
The earth is my stage.
The sun is my spot light.

I can hear the trees moving to the song’s beat.
They are my dancers,
Singing with me.

The sheets on the clothesline are whipping in the wind.
They look like arms reaching out to me;
Pure and strong.
They are my rhythm to this beautiful backyard song.

“Yahweh, dear Father
Never let this moment end”
Is my plea.
I hear His laughter.
It is its own song,
Yet it seems to fit with the music.

I can feel Him smiling down upon me.
“You can have this moment everyday,
For I give you the ability to praise.”

With that I awake to realize that it is only a dream.
The song and dance is no longer there.
Sadness creeps upon me,
I have lost my beautiful song.

Then, like a soft whisper I hear it,
My song!
I jump out of bed,
Run to the backdoor following the song.

Throwing open the door I can’t help but laugh.
There looking right at me is my beautiful backyard song.
Running out, barefoot and PJs
I begin to dance.

I sing the song of my dreams,
“Thank you Yah,
For you have given me the ability to praise!”  

5 comments:

  1. Haha, That was good...I like it..and great pic =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it isn't a true story... I wish it were, but it's not. I just wrote it for my drawing that I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.

    In the 2nd-to-last paragraph I think you meant look to be looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Knight... changed it :) Yah bless you all for the awesome comments.

    ReplyDelete