Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Attack of the Little Furry Monsters

Waking up to a blaring sound.
Blurry eyed I crawl out of bed,
Unaware of what's around.
Not ready to start the day,
But know I have to.
Brush teeth though still asleep.
Try not to fall over while putting on clothes.
Reflection staring at me as I untangle my hair;
Looking as tired as I feel.
Finally it’s time to face the day.

I go outside to embrace the day,
But I am hit with horror instead.
Ready to scream I look at the destruction that as gone on.
Holes dug.
Petals pulled.
Leaves chewed.
What creature caused this mayhem?

Then I see.
Not creature, but creatures are the culprits.
They look up at me daring me to scream.
But I can’t.
I am speechless as I see them rip my flowers.
Their small clawed paws tear at the defenseless leaves.
White teeth ripping without any care to what they've done.
They are my little furry monsters.







5 comments: