Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Psalm by Me

O Yahweh, how great is Your power.
I see it where ever I go and what ever I do.
Some say the same thing about their mighty ones.
But when things go wrong in their lives,
They will say,
“This could not have possibly been from my elohim.”
But You -the one true El- have given me the good and the bad times.
And for that I thank You.
For I have learned more about You in the bad times than in the good.
I have learned that You are wiser than anyone can ever imagine,
When I am in my weakest state of mind.
I have learned that You are gentler than a dove.
For when I was sick you held me in Your arms
And made me feel well again.
All of my hard moments in life you have given me,
So I may learn from them.
You have brought me to my knees,
So I may learn humbleness.
You have corrected me with a rod of iron,
So I may learn obedience.
All of the things You have given me, the joyful and sorrowful.
I thank You.
All the trials and test You will give me in the days to come,
I praise You for them and pray that I will pass them 
For I know they will bring me closer to You.
And that is my one true wish;
To be closer to You.

1 comment: